OSYO Symphony Orchestra
Our Symphony Orchestra contains a full complement of instruments (strings, winds, brass and percussion) and consists of musicians in grades 9-12. Our Conductor and OSYO Musical Director Colin Clarke challenges these young musicians to perform at their highest ability, while making sure they have fun in the process. Our Symphony Orchestra has also traveled internationally, performing in festivals and competitions in the United States and Europe. We are planning an overseas trip at the end of this season (July 2018). Details coming shortly.
- The OSYO Symphony is a TIER ONE youth orchestra with proven record of excellence
- Rehearsal location (Music Conservatory @ King’s Christian Collegiate) is a premier rehearsal hall in the GTA
- Acceptance is by audition
- Auditions are held in the spring and fall although additional auditions may be scheduled throughout the season
- Rehearsals take place Tuesday evenings from 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- The Symphony performs 3 major concerts during the September – May season
- Symphony musicians receive sectional coaching throughout the year from Oakville Symphony musicians/mentors. Each section of the orchestra (violin 1, violin 2, brass, percussion etc.) are separated out for individual coaching sessions.
- The Symphony performs both modern and classical repertoire
- Ensemble opportunities are also available
- Want to schedule an audition? Click here for auditions.
- Have a question ? Contact our Executive Director at email@example.com